Search This Blog

Monday, November 24, 2008

Next Question....Woo-hoo!

Hello all!

I've been slacking a wee bit on the question of the week, but I am now ready to make a strong comeback. It's almost Turkey Day and the idea of being thankful keeps rolling around in this big ole head of mine.

With that in mind, choose a character from any of the pieces of literature you have read thus far and tell me what they are thankful for. Is Rochester thankful he didn't lose both eyes and both hands (morbid, but true) or is Bill Chalmers thankful that he doesn't have a job, allowing him to default on his bills, thus causing the electricity to be shut off and not allowing the internet to work, which in turn kills his wife's on-line affair?

Think of something fun and add something that you're thankful for while you're at it.

Mischley

4 comments:

LBaker724 said...

Continuing on with Jane Eyre, I think that Jane is thankful for her faith in herself. She left Mr. Rochester because she new that it was not right for her to stay with him when he was already married to Bertha. She also did not want to marry St. John because she knew it they did not love each other. When she heard Rochester's voice calling her, she knew that she had to go to him. She was thankful that she was able to be with him in her own way, and not going against what she believed in.

I am thankful for books. I love how they can just take over your life for awhile when your reading one. It is just amazing how they can occupy everything you do. Right now I am reading the "Twilight" series......(again) and it is amazing how I can't seem to do anything else besides read. Anyway, I am thankful for books and the worlds they can open up!

;)

kaite marquis said...

Well..I would have to say that Edna Pontellier is thankful for the short amount of freedom that she eventually gains. Throughout the story she constantly longs for freedom and begins to push the things that mean most to her away-her children and husband. I think that she sacrifices so much, that when she actually gains the freedom she was longing for she is very thankful.

I am thankful for the people I have met so far in my life. No matter what there influence has been on me they have eached help to shape and change me...most of the time for the better. So I am thankful for everyone who I have met and who I will continue to meet throughout my life.

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

I think that Joe would be thankful that Pip's sister was knocked out and killed, even though it was by Orlick. His marriage to Mrs. Joe must have been the ultimate mistake of his life. He was then able to start anew and marry the much sweeter and sensible Biddy!

I am thankful for my new niece, Lily, and my even newer nephew, Oliver! They have added such a spark to my life. I'm lucky to be an aunt at such a young age (I guess sometimes it can be a good thing that your siblings are over a decade older than you)!