Search This Blog

Thursday, December 11, 2008

December 11- question 3

Tis the season...

While you are all working on your novel soundtracks, I'm thinking of all the cool bands I will get to listen to. This is truly my favorite activity to grade as I get to combine my two favorite loves: reading and music. The idea of a soundtrack for a novel is extremely interesting, and like years before, it has made me think of my life soundtrack. I hear a different tune every day of my life that defines the tone of the day. When I see my sister or get to spend time with her I think of "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves because being with her (she lives in Texas, y'all) makes me feel great. Some days I'm in more of a Limp Bizkit mood and it's "just one of those days when you don't wanna wake up...".

So, with that in mind, choose a character from any of the works we've read thus far and tell me what you think his/her theme song would be. While you're at it, tell me what song describes your life.

Keep on rockin' withcha bad self!!!

As always,

Mischley

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Couldn't help it - Great Expectations, again...

The theme song for Pip would definitely be "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers. I'm sure all of you know this song! It's all about loving someone who isn't right for you, who plays games with your heart and mind, but nevertheless continuing to pursue them. Pip watches Estella tempt many men, of which he isn't included. The story of Great Expectations is centered upon Pip rising up in society, so that he may win her heart.

"But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
'Cause I'm Mr. Brightside"

Because Pip believes Miss Havisham is his benefactress, he believes it is his "destiny" to marry Estella.


My own theme song would either be "I Feel It All" by Feist or "Painter Song" by Norah Jones. The first is about being overwhelmed with many emotions that you cannot control, which I can definitely relate to: I'm a very emotional person. The second is about dreaming and living in an ideal world to be with the person you love. I feel that this song appeals to my romantic character. I also love to paint, so it would seem easy enough for me to paint my ideals and dreams, in order to escape reality!

Kaite Marquis said...

The Diagnosis-Bill Chambers

The theme song for Bill would be "A little bit longer" by the Jonas Brothers. The song isn't really popular unless you watch the disney channel :D Anyway the song is about a person who is struggling with an illness and the doctors have no answers for him and continuely tell him that a little bit longer and they will have answers for him and he will be ok.This song relates to Bill because Bill is dealing with an unknown illness and the doctors have no answers for him.


My own theme song would be "Breathe" by Michelle Branch. The song is mainly about a girl who is overwhelmed and confused, and her best solution is to just step back and breath. I can relate to this song, because I am constantely on the go and overwhelmed so sometimes I need to just take a step back and relax