Search This Blog

Friday, January 04, 2008

QOW....January 1,2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!



Well, we have turned the corner and graduation will be here sooner than you think ( I am so going to cry that day!!)



I am going to give you an example of a metacognitive for the first QOW in this new year. People: this is what I am looking for as far as process of work:



So, I finally get my stupid computer to work...there is a conspiracy afoot since it keeps logging me out...I sense tampering!! As I sit in my extremely uncomfortable desk chair that has the back ripped off becuase my son was "curious" about how it was all attached, I knew that I had to stop procrastinating and put up the new QOW. I wonder if people know how hard it is to come up with this stuff. I doubt many appreciate my creativity. It's always "you give us too much work..blah..blah..blah!!" Anywho......I can't thinkof anything but the moving boxes surrounding me...at any moment they could topple over and crush me. I would hate to be crushed by a box full of Matchbox cars and Legos. I can't even imagine paramedics trying to pry tiny little Legos from my body. Maybe they'll find me with my hands shielding me from the sudden imapct...ahhhhh!!!! Stay with me here, people. I began to think how I would look curled up in the fetal psoition with toys all around me when I notice how I need a manicure. The polish is peeling, but I didn't really like the color. Let's procrastinate some more and go paint my nails. Surely I will become inspired while I wait for my nails to dry. I wondered if I should choose "Maple tree sap"brown or "How do you like these apples"red....and who names these polishes by the way. Seriously, someone is getting paid to sit around, look at a color, and name it. You too can "Think Pink" about how to "Strike it Rich" and gain "Red Respect." I want to name some colors; I wonder what others would name theirs.......which brings us to the QOW:





QOW #1:

Choose a character from any novel/play you have read this year. Based on the characterization of that person, have him/her create a nail polish color and name it. Remember to support your choice.

16 comments:

Suzy said...

Jane Eyre would be "Flaming Red" because if it had not been for the fire that destroyed Mr. Rochester's home, she would not have been able to be with him again. Also, red is telling of her bright and passionate personality. red is a color that describes poassion and love, which encompasses Jane Eyre as a person.

=)

mccolenumber4 said...

Estella would be "icy gray" because she is emotionless and seemingly heartless with Pip's feelings. Also, there is not too much personality to Estella. She is simply a sponge that absorbs all of Miss Havisham's bitterness.

I too will cry at graduation misch...I'll be sure to bring some Kleenex.

Liz said...

might as well just bring puffs emiley (we dont want to hurt our little noses now)

Dimmesdale from the scarlet letter would be guilt-trip green. he torments himself with the guilt that surrounds the adulterous situation, which soon leads him to confess to the public.

-little t

plus his green polish will go perfect with hester's scarlet letter. perfect for a christmas card [comment from lizameno]

Dizzy Lizzy said...

A perfect color for the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland would be "I'm Late Lavender" because he is the messenger for the Oueen and purple is the color of royalty. Also, he always says that he is late, so this color would suit him well.

tacciniisthebest said...

Mischley, I love your creativity like this question for example. NO one else would think of this but you.

Pip would be the color of mourning blue. Normally when someone morns someone the color would be black but no one died and his life is so depressing. When I think of depressing i think of blue and he just had a crappy life becuase so much happened like his love not loving him, and then his sister dying, and his criminal dying. It is all so depressing but that just seems to be his personality.

Just think Mischley you have another whole week to procrastinate!

Elizabeth said...

Ethan Frome would name a color "Cheery Cherry Red" because red was the color always associated with Mattie, the only bright spot in his otherwise cold, bleak, and loveless life. He was always happy when with Mattie and her lips and ribbons were sometimes described as having a cherry coloring.

Brittany said...

I think that Nora from A Doll's House would be " Naive Neon Orange" because she appears to everyone else as always being happy and carefree, even though inside she knows it's just the opposite. I could totally see her wearing this nail color around the house getting ready for Christmas.

tricia x3 said...

personally, i think french manicures are nice and i enjoyed alice in wonderland. Therefore, i would say start off the manicure with "Barely There Cheshire Cat", a clear coat which will allow the radiant color of your nail to show. This is obviously the name because the cat was always disappearing and reappearing. finish the manicure with "White Rabbit" tips. Pretty self-explanatory, but i felt really proud of myself for thinking that all up. :D

megmahoney said...

Rose of Sharon from Grapes of Wrath would be "milky white misery" because she was always obsessed with getting that milk for her little baby. butt, you have to add the misery part in because of what happend.

andd this just reminded me of her little smile at the end of the story, and im officially creeped out for the day.

amandasilva said...

Mr. Chalmers' color would have to be midnight black just beacuse it seems like his life keeps getting more miserable and depressing as the days go on. It seems as if there is no light in his life at all.

chrissyiscool said...

Nora from "A Doll's House" would be mysterious marroon. She is always trying to keep her secret from everyone. She is a very mysterious woman, but also passionate, so a deep marroon would match her personality.

ATM said...

Rochester would name a color "perfect match pink" because he and Jane were a perfect match. They both had nothing attractive about them, both were witty and held deep conversations with each other, and both had terrible pasts.



from Tim E.

jconrad said...

I would have to say that Edna from The Awakening would be "rebellious candy red." This is because red is considered a passionate color full of lust and love. All Enda wanted was to be in was a loving relationship and she had to be rebellious to do it.
The "candy" part of it relates to how she tries to be sugary and sweet to everyone else around her, as if she does no wrong.

terbanate english said...

Gregor from the Metamorphosis would be buggy brown because he turned into a bug and i'm completely drawing a blank on this question

HannahBanana said...

Nora from A Doll's House would have to be The Fire of Freedom. It would definately be orangey. I can see her painting her nails orange and maybe dying her hair after running out on Torvald(sweet name)and going off to seek her identity. Just going nuts...having a little walk on the wild side. Or she could be Raven Black because she's not a little dumb songbird anymore.

laura_is_deprived said...

Ok so I'm like waaaay late and don't know if this will even count but I finally remembered to blog... I think Jane Eyre would be Brighter Days Blue because after struggling for so long to find herself and her happiness in life, Jane finally ends up with Mr. Rochester, and she doesn't even have to compromise her morals. Her future seems happier and more promising now that she is with the man she loves.